When can we come tour Garey House?
Garey House offers tours by appointment only Monday-Friday. Please email us at GareyHouse@georgetown.org to schedule a tour!

Does Garey House have indoor and outdoor locations?
Yes! We have 2 indoor spaces and 3 outdoor spaces. Click here to see more information on our Features page.

What is the role of the on-site manager?
The Garey House site manager is responsible for watching over the property, being the venue’s point of contact for vendors and to answer any questions that clients, vendors and guests may have. They are also responsible for any venue related tasks, keeping the restrooms clean and stocked during your event and assisting with clean-up of breaks and spills. We highly recommend hiring a day-of coordinator or wedding planner to make your special day a seamless event!

May we bring in our own alcohol for our event?
Yes you may! However, no more alcohol than what is supplied at the beginning of the event may be brought in. In addition, all alcohol must be served by a TABC certified bartender and a host liquor liability insurance policy must be supplied by their staff or the client.

What are the requirements of my caterer?
All caterers/food providers must be licensed and insured. We recommend that you select one of the full service caterers off of our Preferred Vendors list. You may also choose to bring in the food provider of your choice upon staff approval. (See contract for more information)

Are candles allowed?

  • All real candles used indoors must be contained in a vase or votive.  No open flames, such as taper candles, are permitted.
  • Only LED candles are to be used outdoors.
  • All fire/flame-related items are subject to possible burn bans by Williamson County.

What items may we use for our send-off? Are fireworks allowed?

  • Bubbles, dried lavender, ribbon wands, bells and glow sticks.
  • Sparklers are permitted if we are not in a burn ban and are limited to 20 inches in length.
  • The use of flower petals, confetti, rice, seeds, balloons, glitter, sparklers, Chinese lanterns, fog machines and pyrotechnics is not permitted without approval.
  • If there is an item that isn’t on our list, please ask our staff for written permission for these items.

Do you have bad weather options?
Yes, we can accommodate 80 guests seated in our larger indoor space and 50 seated in our smaller room. For larger guest counts, the client must rent a tent for the outdoor event space or split their guests between our 2 indoor spaces. Our smaller indoor space can also be used for a bad weather ceremony option for 90+/- guests.

Can our Band/DJ play music outside?
Yes, all outdoor music must end at 11 p.m. on Friday & Saturday and 10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday. Music is limited to 72 decibels during the daytime and 65 decibels at night.

Do you supply a sound system?
The Great Room, Hall and back patio of Garey House are wired with a speaker system for your use. We also have power available at the Terrace and Courtyard for you or your DJ to bring in speakers for outdoor events.

Does our rental time include set up and clean-up?
Yes, set up and clean-up must take place during your scheduled rental time. If you need additional time for this, you may contact our staff to purchase additional time in one-hour increments before or after your event.

What are we responsible for during clean-up?
The caterer, bartenders or client are responsible for removing all floral & decor, rentals, food, alcohol and table linens, taking trash to the dumpster on-site and cleaning up spills on the floor and in the kitchen. The client is responsible for removing all personal belongings in the prep suites. Garey House will be responsible for tables, chairs, bathrooms and deep cleaning.

Is security required at my event?
For all weddings, as well as other events that will serve alcohol or have more than 100 guests, the client is required to hire a security officer through the Georgetown Police Department.  The officer must be present during the time that alcohol is served through the end of your total rental time frame to ensure that all guests and vendors leave safely.

What is your animal policy?
Animals are not permitted, except for service animals or with prior written approval from Garey House.  Upon staff approval, an animal waiver must be signed before allowing any animals on site for the ceremony and post-ceremony photos.

How does guest entry and parking work?
Guests can provide the bride and groom’s name at the park entrance and will be granted free entry. The parking area is sufficient for approximately 148 vehicles, plus overflow parking. Garey House can accommodate charter buses and passenger vans if you so choose.

Can we place wedding signs along the road to help our guests find Garey House?
Unfortunately, we do not have permission to place signs along RM 2243.  We do have a map on our website to assist with finding the venue.  It is also helpful to let your guests know that we are located within Garey Park.

Where are the nearest accommodations?
There is ample lodging around Garey House. Click here for a full list of lodging in Georgetown.

  • Sheraton Austin Georgetown Texas Hotel & Conference Center – Website | Phone (800) 477-2700
  • Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown/Austin North – Website | Phone (512) 688-5300
  • Best Western Plus Georgetown Inn & Suites – Website | Phone (512) 868-8555
  • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Georgetown – Website | Phone (512) 591-7890
  • Candlewood Suites Georgetown – Website | Phone (512) 591-7888
  • Comfort Suites Georgetown – Website | Phone (512) 863-7544

Do you offer discounts for non-profit organizations or fundraising?
Yes, we offer a 15% discount for non-profit organizations. Please contact our staff for additional information at GareyHouse@georgetown.org


How do wedding professionals get on your preferred vendors list?
Please email us with your information, a list of reviews/referrals and any additional details. We’d love to meet with you to see if your services are a good fit for Garey House and our clients!

How can I volunteer to get involved with Garey House?
Please fill out a volunteer application here or email us for more information!